Saturday, November 16, 2013

Relationship Driven

Many people think Realtors have such an easy job--we just drive around in our little cars with our Keller Williams license plates and show people houses.  Well, that's part of it (the easy part)!

The more difficult and challenging aspect begins once there is a contract.  We are dealing with other realtors, mortgage lenders, title companies, inspectors, etc.  With this many parties, you are bound to have different personalities.  Unfortunately not everyone shares the same level of professionalism...and this can make for a stressful situation.  My role is to make the transaction as smooth as possible for my Buyer or Seller.

For me, a successful real estate transactions is not just one that results in closing.  I measure my success according to the ability in which I handled the transaction.  Was I professional, understanding, and courteous to all parties?  Did I act as though I am paycheck driven or relationship driven?  When I leave the closing table I want all parties involved to remember me...favorably.

No comments: